Friday 8 July 2011

R.I.P. Iain/Emma Blair

Most historical saga readers won't know of the name Iain Blair, but they do know of Emma Blair, the author of over 30 saga novels. Sadly Iain Blair died on July 3rd, leaving behind him a legacy of great stories.


From his website:

Iain wrote a number of plays for theatre and television and then naturally progressed to book writing. At first he tried writing thrillers without much success. Then he completed a saga Where No Man Cries and that's when Emma Blair was born. His publishers decided he'd sell far more books simply by being published as a woman. 

"I was given absolutely no choice in the matter.  They'd decided on a sex change and even the name. So that was that. Emma I became and Emma I've stayed," says Iain. "Many people ask me what kind of person Emma is. Well she's probably about late forties, a bit of a tough cookie and had a certain amount of personal tragedy which is why she writes with such passion."



I've read several of his books and enjoyed them very much. Like all good saga authors he was able to take the reader back to a time when life was different to what we know of now.

With his passing, another saga author has gone.

 To read more about Iain Blair visit his website:
http://emma-blair.com/content/view/33/37/

2 comments:

  1. Very sad news.

    I'd read a number of Emma Blair novels and had thoroughly enjoyed them - especially Half Hidden. I had been wondering why there hadn't been a new one for some time. Emma Blair's books will be missed.

    My condolences to Iain Blair's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie. We much appreciate your lovely comments. Jane Blair

    ReplyDelete