Sunday 1 June 2014

A June Competition



It’s June and time for the summer competition. As many of you know, I write about East Enders – the cockney communities who came before the EastEnders of Albert Square in Walford. I set my East End families on the real Isle of Dogs (map above), Whitechapel, Limehouse, Poplar and surrounding hamlets, pre 1960. My family dramas are gritty stories and always include a heroine who will not be brow-beaten by the crime bosses and heart-rending poverty of the time. My wartime stories also reveal a whole raft of sub-plots simmering below the surface of the bombed and broken East End. So I have one question for you to answer. In one hundred words or less, name your favourite Carol Rivers book and explain the reason for your choice. One hundred words is the maximum, but if you can convey your message in less, that’s brilliant. Visit my website www.carolrivers.com and click on the link NEWS & COMPETITIONS. Here you will find all the information you need to enter. Good luck and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment