Tuesday 10 April 2018

Introducing new saga writer, Glenda Young


Hello there! I'm a new historical saga writer and have been signed up by Headline to write three novels, the first of which is published in November 2018.

My name is Glenda Young and I was born and brought up in the north-east ex-coalmining village of Ryhope. It's situated outside of Sunderland and is right on the coast.  All three of my novels are set in the village of Ryhope at the end of the first world war in 1919.   That's me, pictured above, next to one of two statues in Ryhope which commemorates the pit ponies.

My first book will be called Belle of the Back Streets and it's about a young girl called Meg Sutcliffe who learns the ropes from her dad in his rag and bone business after he returns from the War. But when tragedy strikes, Meg had no choice but to continue alone, with only her trusty dog Spot, and beloved horse Stellar, for company.  The book is released in hardback, audio and ebook in November 2018 and in paperback in early 2019.

My website is here if you'd like to take a look: http://glendayoungbooks.com and I blog regularly at Flaming Nora.

I write short stories for women's magazines and a weekly soap opera, called Riverside, for The People's Friend magazine.

I also edit two Coronation Street fan websites, corrie.net and the Coronation Street Blog.

And I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

Do come and say hello!

Glenda

2 comments: